Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Introductions are always a necessity!

  Hello and welcome to Sugary Sweet Dolls! Here I will be posting about various dolls, ranging from Pullips to Ball Jointed and all those in between. There will be posts on new releases, the history of these dolls and so forth. I hope to create a good reference site for those budding collectors and enjoyable content for others who have been at this hobby for years.
   
  Here is a little introduction of myself and my journey into this realm. It all started in the year 2006, eight years ago. I was browsing the internet when I discovered these big headed dolls called pullips. For months after I continued investigating these unique dolls, they just would not leave my head. Finally a year later as the Holidays came I broke and got my first, Uncanricky. When she arrived I tore open the brown box she was held hostage in and uncovered the colorful box. She was captivating, those sparkling blue eyes, lovely red lips, and curly blonde locks. The tumble started and every dollar I gained was spent on these interesting characters. They each held a name, a story, and a life to me.
 
  I couldn't get enough of them, even as I began my ventures into adult hood. While my collecting as slowed thanks to other priorities taking hold, I still adore them with all my heart. In the near future I hope to begin obtaining all the lovelies from past releases but as of now I am content with my collection. The continuing of gaining knowledge on them is never ending, and my poor fiance has to hear me ramble on about these plastic creatures.

  Now as far as my collection goes I own a variety of dolls, including blythes, monster high, and BJD.  While I have began collecting other dolls from various makers, my first and foremost loved are the pullips. I just can't get enough of those big headed dolls, and will probably always have a larger collection of them compared to the others. I hope to bring you all the information on them along with my own adventures. So please share your story on how you began this hobby, photos of your lovely collection, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment